Title: Structural Biologist
Location: Bracknell / Berkshire
Salary: £30-38k (TBC, depending on experience)
Contract Length: 24 Months
SRG are currently looking to recruit for a structural biologist to join a global agrochemical company based in the Berkshire area. This organisation wishes to help people across the world to grow more food using fewer resources in a more sustainable way. They aim to find new solutions, products and services that meet their customers' most pressing needs. Therefore, they are looking for innovative, ambitious and courageous individuals. In return you'll have the opportunity to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
The team is looking for a motivated and independent structural biologist with Masters or PhD level qualifications ideally having worked with a range of protein targets being soluble and/or membrane-bound. On a 2-year contract, this position is a great opportunity for scientists interested in an industrial career to gain practical industry experience, working on structural biology platform activities which would mostly be structure solution but also with the potential for construct design, protein expression, purification and biophysics depending on the project. Prior experience in structure solution by crystallography is essential, whilst the rest of the pipeline described above as well as other structure solution methods such as cryo-EM would be considered an advantage.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the structural biology team, with exciting opportunities to participate in multiple projects to support chemistry design throughout R&D. Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work in multidisciplinary project teams are highly desirable qualities for this position.
- Provide guidance for construct design, expression and purification, resulting in proteins suitable for crystallography
- Characterize proteins intended for crystallization and carry out crystallization trials, crystal optimization and structure solution for proteins and protein-ligand complexes
- Effectively communicate results through presentations, e-mails and reports, and actively participate in structure-based design efforts
- Organisational duties around lab hardware, consumables and software as well as HSE considerations
- PhD or MSc degree in structural biology or a related field
- 1-3 years experience in practical structure solution, ideally across a number of protein families
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn additional skills both within own discipline but also other areas in the team
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills as well as good computer literacy
To apply click the link or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2163326
- Updated: 19th January 2022
- Expires: 26th January 2022