Job Title: Senior Formulation Chemist
Location: Jealotts Hill, Berkshire
Contract: 12 months + extensions
Pay Rate: Up to £36,000 per annum
Syngenta is a leading science-based agtech company; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Their goal is shaping the future of agriculture and to be able to grow more food with fewer resources.
About the role
- We are looking for a skilled Chemist to join the Formulation Group. Your role will be to apply your fundamental understanding of physical chemistry and a scientific approach to develop crop protection products.
- You'll be planning and conducting experimental programmes to support a portfolio of diverse and challenging projects, including the development of new formulations and the optimization of existing products.
- You will work largely independently but under the support of your team leader, so good organisation skills, scientific curiosity and an ability to solve technical problems are all critical.
- You need to be comfortable working at the interface of scientific disciplines as you'll be working with scientists from other functions as part of multi-disciplinary project teams.
- A degree and a PhD in Chemistry, or have significant relevant industrial experience formulating crop protection, pharmaceutical, personal care, consumer products or similar.
- A good understanding of colloid science relevant to the design and characterisation of formulated products is ideal, with some experience of designing and making formulations. Additional training will be provided where needed.
If this role is of interest to you, (or you know anyone who might be suitable), please email your CV to Tom O'Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org and a time that is convenient for me to call you.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2161416
- Posted: 13th January 2022
- Expires: 20th January 2022