Blending Chemist required, based in Greater Manchester. Requiring proven industrial experience of physical form transformations including pelletisation, tableting, roller compaction and/or hot melt extrusion. Experience of polymer masterbatch development is also desirable.
Title: Blending Chemist
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £42,000 - £50,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG are currently working with a successful and multinational business who specialise in developing chemical ingredients for a range of diverse applications. They are now seeking a Blending Chemist to join their team in Greater Manchester. This role will involve supporting in the blending and masterbatch of additives, as well as optimising the process conditions for the production of such blends. Experience of a range of techniques including twin screw, hot-melt extrusion, cold extrusion and roller compaction for conversion of powder blends into pellets is essential. Candidates with a PhD in Chemistry or Polymer Science with such experience are encouraged to apply. Knowledge and experience of physical form characterisation (particle size measurement, flow and attrition characterisation) is also desirable.
Benefits: You will join a global and innovative business at an exciting time for the company. 36.25 working hours per week, Monday - Friday with flexibility on start/finish times. 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days and pension scheme.
- Evaluate and optimise process conditions for the industrial production of additive blends
- Provide blend samples and technical data to both internal and external contacts
- Update new and existing product specifications
- Support in ensuring the transfer of process conditions for new blends to other production sites, whilst ensuring optimum process conditions
- Assist manufacturing and tolling facilities to identify production and quality issues
- Analyse production QC data to evaluate process capability
- Resolve production issues and/or complaints
- Minimum BSc or MSc in Chemistry or Polymer Science (or similar)
- PhD candidates encouraged to apply
- Proven industrial experience of processing and physical form transformations (pelleting, tableting, roller compaction and hot melt extrusion)
- Good organisation skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able and willing to work independently
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.comto view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: blending, blends, additive blends, additives, polymer blend, masterbatch, compound, compounding, twin screw, hot melt extrusion, cold extrusion, CPM, Kahl technologies, roller compaction, powder blend, pellets, pelleting, tableting, physical form transformation, particle size measurement, flow, attrition, characterisation, masterbatch development
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2163301
- Posted: 12th January 2022
- Expires: 9th February 2022