Applications Chemist required, based in Greater Manchester. Requiring knowledge and experience of synthetic organic chemistry, in particular polyurethane and flexible slabstock. PhD in synthetic organic or polymer chemistry required.
Title: Applications Chemist
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG are currently working with a global and innovative business who have been producing speciality chemicals and additives for a range of diverse industries. The business is now looking for an Applications Chemist to join their team in Greater Manchester, focussing their work on Polyurethane and flexible slabstock. This role will involve evaluating the performance and properties of their stabilizer solutions for polyurethanes, TPU and flexible slabstock, as well as testing an array of physical and chemical properties and presenting data to the business. Candidates with a PhD in synthetic organic chemistry or polymer chemistry are encouraged to apply and must have experience of working with polyurethane flexible slabstock.
Benefits: You will join a global and innovative business at an exciting time for the company. 36.25 working hours per week, Monday - Friday with flexibility on start/finish times. 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days and pension scheme.
- Support in the research and development of stabilisation solutions for polyurethanes
- Focus R&D on slabstock foams in particular
- Develop new and existing packages to meet customer needs
- Obtain and review experimental data of the application testing of products
- Develop and present application data to both internal and external clients and customers
- Keep up to date with new and existing markets of polyurethane and TPU
- PhD in synthetic organic or polymer chemistry (or similar)
- Proven industrial experience of working with polyurethane, flexible slabstock and/or TPU
- Good organisation skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able and willing to work independently
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.comto view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: research and development, R&D, applications chemist, applications testing, polyurethane, slabstock, foam, foams, TPU, thermoplastic polyurethane, experiment data, flexible slabstock, stability packages, stabilisation, stable, synthetic organic, polymer, chemistry, phd, doctoral, doctorate, polymers
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2163299
- Posted: 12th January 2022
- Expires: 9th February 2022