A biopharmaceutical company has an exciting opportunity for Graduate Design Engineer to join its R&D hub in Cambridge. This role will focus on the design of concept products, rapid prototyping, and design-for-manufacture in a next-gen cell & gene therapy manufacturing sphere. Experience in CAD and prototyping are essential requirements. Any knowledge or experience in fluid dynamics/mechanics is highly desirable.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Concepting, CAD, FEA for an iterative design ethos.
- Prototyping of parts & assemblies suitable for 3D printing, CNC manufacture & injection moulding.
- Documentation of design & prototyping work for traceable development.
- Planning and running of studies for material evaluations
- Engaging with suppliers & manufacturing partners
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment and work within current health and safety procedures
- Assist in other areas of R&D as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- MEng / BEng + MSc Mechanical Engineering
- High level of proficiency in an Industry-standard CAD package. Solidworks, CATIA, CREO
- Experience with prototyping
It would be an advantage if you can demonstrate:
- Proficiency with design for additive manufacture
- A working knowledge of fluid mechanics
- An understanding of biocompatibility & hygienic design
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7175
- Posted: 11th January 2022
- Expires: 8th February 2022