A global diagnostics business has an opportunity for an R&D Analytical Team Leader to join its team. As the lead scientist, you will be reporting directly to the Director of R&D. You will lead a team to deliver on R&D projects through Feasibility and Development phases, preparing Analytical Development Reports and driving hand-over of Analytical Methods to QC via End User Verification. You must have proven experience in a leadership role and a have strong technical skill set in analytical techniques important for Biopharmaceuticals
The leading scientist reporting directly to Director of R&D for the Enzymes Business, this individual will each be responsible for a team of Scientists and Technicians shaping and executing detailed work plans in the area of Analytical Development, within tightly-planned R&D projects through Feasibility and Development phases, preparing Analytical Development Reports and driving hand-over of Analytical Methods to QC via End User Verification. Largely focused on Biopharma CDMO projects but will also respond to approved Diagnostics projects as required.
- Manage a small team of Scientists and Technicians to achieve rapid and efficient project progress, delivering an exceptional quality of data and scientific support to our customers. This includes writing of time-critical reports and directly interacting with customers on a regular basis.
- Work with Director of R&D to recruit new members to your team.
- Develop and encourage team members and hold them accountable with yourself for project progress.
- Interact with the overall project plan to update progress and ensure your whole team is always fully occupied on necessary activities.
- Develop detailed workflows in the subject matter area, highlighting standard work operations and the time/resource that each should take as the basis for R&D capacity planning. Regularly report actual resource spent vs. project plan.
- Contribute your time (target 35% overall) to direct support of project progress and dealing with primary data.
- Contribute expertise to assessing new projects and assist in the formation of new project proposals, working closely with R&D Study Leaders.
- Lead development of R&D's technical capabilities within the subject matter area and support the whole site in the development of these capabilities.
- Take ownership of laboratory working practices and within the subject matter area.
- Engage with contract customers directly and via R&D Study Leaders.
- Support Director in building R&D competencies to deliver the site's cGMP Roadmap.
Education / Experience:
- Educated to at least BSc level in a relevant scientific discipline with a minimum of 5 years' experience in a (bio)pharmaceutical/biotechnology role.
- A PhD in a relevant scientific discipline would be advantageous.
Essential Skills / Pre-requisites:
- A strong record of team leadership and development of staff.
- A very strong base of knowledge in analytical techniques important for Biopharmaceuticals.
- A focus on delivering on project timelines, supported by a meticulous approach to work planning.
- Demonstrable experience of communicating complex scientific information to colleagues and third parties.
- Experience of analytical method transfer between laboratories, particularly in efficient transfers to regulated QC groups.
- Experience of working in a GMP or ISO13485-compliant environment.
Desirable Skills / Pre-requisites (on-the-job training may be required):
- Oversight and/or performance of analytical method validation.
- Proficient in application of Quality by Design and Design of Experiments.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7184
- Posted: 11th January 2022
- Expires: 8th February 2022