An opportunity has arisen for a Materials Quality Technician to join an industry leading specialist materials organisation at their state of the art facility just south of Cambridge. Within the materials qualification team you will play a pivotal role by supporting the research, manufacturing and laboratory departments in the effective delivery of technical, research focused projects.
To be successful as a Materials Quality Technician you should ideally hold relevant scientific qualification and possess previous laboratory, production or manufacturing experience within a commercial environment.
Materials Quality Technician Responsibilities:
- Carry out laboratory work including: material fabrication, examination and physical & mechanical testing on various materials.
- Ensure all qualification tests are documented and recorded correctly.
- Follow and ensure all safety requirements are adhered to during operational work hours.
- Ensuring laboratory stocks of equipment, chemicals and other materials relevant to the testing procedures are maintained.
- Ensuring work areas in the laboratory are left in a clean and tidy condition. Actively supporting 5S activities.
- Coaching new and existing laboratory staff in any area of expertise.
Materials Quality Technician Requirements:
- Ideally hold a relevant scientific or engineering qualification.
- Possess previous technical laboratory, production or manufacturing experience within a commercial environment.
- Able to demonstrate a proactive, methodical approach to work with a keen eye for detail.
- Awareness of good practice in terms of health and safety.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Salary - £.Comp + Excellent Company Benefits + Bonus + Shift Allowance
Working Hours: Monday- Friday: Rotating Shift: 6am - 2pm & 2pm -10pm
If you are a technician looking for a new challenge or feel have the skills required for this opportunity and are interested in applying, please get in touch or forward your CV to Lewis at Cranleigh STEM
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 8167
- Posted: 10th January 2022
- Expires: 7th February 2022