CK Group is recruiting for a Site Chemist to join a hazardous waste management company based at their site near Stoke on Trent, on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Site Chemist, you will be responsible in bringing value to the business by accepting and inspecting all incoming assignments of Hazardous and Non-Hazardous Waste by following the relevant regulations and site procedures.
The site is based in Staffordshire and is commutable by Stoke on Trent, Stafford, Newcastle under Lyme and Uttoxeter
As a Site Chemist, the main purpose of your role will be:
- Ensuring all incoming consignments of wastes have appropriate paperwork
- Responsible for the completion of waste safety checks to allow acceptance to site, storage safety and processing and/or onwards transfer.
- Responsible for the completion of regular sampling of received waste to then further supply to internal laboratory for analysis.
- Ensuring waste is routed such that costs are minimised whilst maintaining legality and compliance.
- Waste acceptance is recorded using the SAP system.
- Ensuring all waste is labelled correctly with all relevant information.
- Processing of waste as required ? to include bulking, sorting, segregating, listing and re-packing of wastes.
- Provide technical support to other members of staff on site.
- Complete relevant outgoing paperwork.
As a Site Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree Level or HNC Qualification in Chemistry or a similar related field.
- Experience of the Waste Industry is desirable.
- SAP experience is desirable.
- Competent Microsoft Office user, in particular Excel.
- Willingness to work in outdoor conditions in a hazardous chemical environment undertaking a manual/hands on approach.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Site Chemist position, please contact Sajra Hameed on 01246 457712 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 52562.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Sajra Hameed
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 52562
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 7th January 2022
- Expires: 4th February 2022