Senior Analytical Scientist - Pharmaceuticals
Permanent + Highly Competitive Salary
Based in Cambridge
Are you a talented and knowledgeable Analytical Chemist with experience in industry-based method development?
Would you like to work for a leading pharmaceutical company with an established portfolio of products on market and under synthetic development?
My client are a leading multinational pharmaceutical company dedicated to providing affordable and innovative medicines for patients across the globe. Their cutting-edge research and development facility in Cambridge focuses on developing technical solutions for the production of their repertoire of highly complex active pharmaceutical ingredients (API's). Here, their knowledgeable team of scientists continue to develop more efficient, cleaner, and quicker synthetic routes, with the aim to reduce the cost of and increase access to pharmaceuticals on the market.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a passionate and talented team of scientists playing a key role in the development and optimisation of complex APIs. They are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Senior Analytical Scientist to join the team in leading analytical projects and to provide technical leadership and support within the analytical laboratory. This will involve the oversight and hands on development & optimisation of analytical methods, through to validation & tech transfer.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Analytical Scientist - Pharmaceuticals;
- Lead the development and optimisation of analytical methods in line with pharmaceutical development project requirements.
- Identify and implement new technologies and suitable characterisation methods.
- Utilise methods to identify and track impurities / intermediates.
- Provide scientific expertise to laboratory team members, including coaching and training within analytical development.
- Collaborate with a variety of research, project and operational colleagues to define project milestones and deliverables.
- Ensure projects are delivered to the agreed schedule and within the required specifications.
- Write and review technical documents such as SOPs, tech transfer protocols, reports and presentations.
- Keep abreast of regulatory requirements and new developments in analytical technology and equipment to support continuous improvement efforts.
To be considered for the Senior Analytical Scientist - Pharmaceuticals, you'll need the following skills and experience;
- BSc / MSc in a relevant discipline such as Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Science etc. or equivalent working experience.
- Substantial analytical chemistry experience gained working within an industry laboratory, preferably pharmaceutical development.
- A proven track record of developing analytical methods, particularly within chromatographic techniques e.g. HPLC (High-performance liquid chromatography), UPLC, GC (Gas Chromatography).
- Experience of other analytical techniques would also be beneficial e.g. High-Resolution Mass spectrometry, NMR & Ion Chromatography.
- Prior experience in technical leadership, supervision, training and/or matrix management would be strongly advantageous.
- Able to maintain good documentation practices, including the accurate recording of all experimental work, drafting of reports and tech transfer documentation.
- Excellent communication skills and a personable nature, to support relationship building with stakeholders and cross functional teams, including research & synthetic chemists.
- The ability to deliver to deadlines and take a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Experience in preparative purification to isolate impurities and intermediates would be beneficial.
Key Words "Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Chemist, Analytical Development, Method Development, Technology Transfer, Tech Transfer, HPLC, UPLC, GC, MS, NMR, Ion Chromatography, Pharmaceutical, R&D, Research and Development, Pharmaceutical Development, Product Development, Process Improvement, Cambridgeshire, Cambridge"
Please apply online or call Katie-May Kress on 0203 0964711 for more information
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Katie-May Kress
- Phone: 0203 096 4711
- Reference: J2163131
- Posted: 7th January 2022
- Expires: 4th February 2022