Are you a chemistry graduate looking for your first role in industry? I am exclusively handling an entry level position for a Quality Assurance and Development Technician with a coatings manufacturing company at their site based in near Bolsover in Derbyshire, on a full time permanent basis.
Our client is a British-based manufacturer of aftercare solutions for various products and for private label. They have been in operation for over 80 years and are market leaders in their field. Their technical innovation, product efficacy, and customer satisfaction are their main drivers and have a dedicated manufacturing facility. With a focus on textile applications, the company now has a vacancy for a QA and Development Technician and will consider chemistry graduates or those with similar qualifications. This is a hands on role where you may need to get your hands dirty and the company offers a salary in the region of £20,000 per annum depending on experience, as well as 25 days\' holiday + bank holidays. Hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
This role is located in near Bolsover, easily accessible by motorway from Chesterfield, Sheffield, Nottingham and surrounding areas.
Your main duties will be:
- Testing of production batches and finished product, incoming raw materials and factored goods, all in accordance with company quality standards.
- Product development and new product formulation across a wide range of aftercare products and household goods
- Create SOPs and implement them across production
- Written and verbal communication with end-use customers and suppliers
- Support the company adherence to ISO 9001 management standard
- Provide technical support to customers, retailers, colleagues and industry contacts
- The role is about 50 / 50 Lab work and Quality, but 90% of the time working will be in the lab
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Science / engineering related degree or equivalent
- Prior experience of working within a chemical/ quality assurance environment would be considered
- Any customer-facing experience would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills as the ability to interpret technical information and convey it to a wide audience is vitally important
- Good Time management skills ? ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to drive/ to get to site is essential
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Chemistry Analyst position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 52287.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Victoria Walker
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 52287
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 7th January 2022
- Expires: 4th February 2022