Laboratory Lead - Molecular Biology
£45,000 - £60,000 annually
Permanent Position, Based in Central London
Are you an experienced scientist with expertise in Molecular Biology techniques?
Would you like to work for a leading clinical development organisation with an extensive portfolio of molecular, virology, immunology and COVID-19 projects?
Through their specialised clinical trial platform, my client plays a key role in drug and vaccine development across a range of infectious and respiratory diseases. Their state of the art clinical and laboratory facilities are based in Central London, where they are looking to bring on board a Laboratory Lead - Molecular Biology. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the technical and operational Molecular Biology function for a range of laboratory services and clinical studies. This will involve acting as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for molecular techniques, including to support assay development and laboratory training.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a team of driven scientists within a highly specialised virology, molecular and immunology laboratory, playing a key role in COVID-19 advancements, drug discovery and development.
Key Responsibilities of the Laboratory Lead - Molecular Biology will include;
- Act as the Molecular Biology Subject Matter Expert (SME), leading assay development and acting as the technical escalation point.
- Provide scientific expertise to laboratory team members, including training and troubleshooting for Molecular techniques.
- Conduct Molecular analysis of GCP samples, including the design of Qualitative and Quantitative PCR Assays.
- Supervise and develop a laboratory team specialising in Molecular Biology techniques.
- Oversee molecular laboratory projects through managing resources, study allocation and team workload.
- Ensure laboratory compliance to Good Clinical Practice (GCP / GCLP), Health & Safety and regulatory requirements.
- Review and update protocols, standard operating procedures (SOP's), and technical reports.
- Provide support to the QA team, including leading laboratory audits.
To be considered for this Laboratory Lead - Molecular Biology vacancy you will need the following skills and experience;
- BSc / MSc / PhD in Life Sciences (Molecular Biology, Virology, Immunology, Cell Biology, Infectious Disease, Biochemistry etc.) or equivalent working experience.
- Expertise within Molecular Biology Techniques e.g. qPCR, rtPCR, PCR, high throughput PCR and cell culture.
- Previous experience working within an accredited / regulated laboratory is essential e.g. GCP, GCLP, GxP, UKAS, ISO 17025 and ISO 15189.
- Awareness of ICH-GCP and associated regulatory standards.
- Demonstratable experience of assay development / troubleshooting across Molecular Techniques.
- Prior experience in laboratory supervision and/or leadership would be strongly advantageous.
- Strong written skillset in order to prepare documentation, SOP's and technical scientific reports.
- Excellent communication skills and a personable nature, to support relationship building within the lab team, cross functionally within the organisation and with external clients.
- Experience in Computer System Validation (CSV) and/or technical input into LIMS would be beneficial.
Key Words "Laboratory Lead, Technical Lead, Laboratory Supervisor, Subject Matter Expert, SME, Molecular Biology, Polymerase Chain Reaction, PCR, qPCR, rtPCR, Cell Culture, Clinical Research, Clinical Trial, Clinical Studies, ICH-GCP, GCP, Good Clinical Practice, GCLP, GxP, UKAS, ISO 17025, ISO 15189, BSL2, BSL3, Virology, Immunology, COVID, London"
Please apply online or call Katie-May Kress on 0203 0964711 for more information
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Katie-May Kress
- Phone: 0203 096 4711
- Reference: J2162860
- Posted: 6th January 2022
- Expires: 3rd February 2022