Experienced Analytical Chemist required, based in Cheshire West. Degree in Chemistry or similar essential, with substantial, proven industrial experience in chemical analysis - specifically GC and HPLC. Method development experience is also essential.
£30,000 - £40,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is currently working with a highly successful speciality chemicals manufacturer, based in Cheshire West. They are now looking for a new Analytical Chemist to join their busy Analytical Team, supporting R&D with the analysis and characterisation of reaction products, blends & competitor products, as well as stability and degradation testing. Using predominantly GC and HPLC, this role will also conduct method development projects for improved analysis. The successful individual should have a proven background in chemical analysis, with particular skills in GC, HPLC and method development with these instruments.
Benefits: You will join a dynamic, supportive team, with great opportunities to continue developing through access to external analytical courses and seminars. 37.5 working hours, Monday to Friday with flexibility on start and finish times. 25 days holiday as standard plus 8 bank holidays. Excellent pension scheme, private healthcare and annual company bonus.
Role / Description
- Conducting non-routine analysis, characterisation and stability of complex mixtures and reaction products
- Utilising a range of wet chemistry techniques, bespoke tests GC, HPLC and coupled techniques (GC-MS, LC-MS)
- Developing methods for both classical and instrumental analytical methods (GC, HPLC, GC-MS, LC-MS)
- Accurately interpreting, recording and reporting analytical data to support the Process Development and R&D teams
- Validating and documenting analytical methods
- Maintaining analytical equipment and providing troubleshooting support, where possible
- Providing support to satellite laboratories for instrument and method transfer, validation and development
- Minimum BSc degree in Chemistry or similar
- Proven background in analysis and practical experience with GC and HPLC as a minimum (industrial experience may be from chemicals, FMCG, contract testing, environmental, etc.)
- Experience of analytical method development or investigational analysis
- Proactive and committed approach, with good communication and team-working skills
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemist, analyst, analytical, analysis, characterisation, analytical development, GC, HPLC, GC-MS, LC-MS, gas chromatography, liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, laboratory, lab, method development, non-routine, contract testing, chemicals, FMCG, environmental
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2162585
- Posted: 6th January 2022
- Expires: 3rd February 2022