Principal Health Policy Analyst
Responsibilities may include the following, and other duties may be assigned.
- Leads and manages company-wide strategies and response to major CMS coverage and payment rules.
- Maintains relationships with senior CMS personnel and ensures appropriate company representation at significant meetings with CMS.
- Identifies priority health policy issues for the company and develops policy solutions to advantage medical technology and therapies specifically.
- Works collaboratively with Government Affairs Organizations to develop strategy to enact priority legislative and policy changes relating to coverage, coding, and payment of medical technology.
- Leads either directly or indirectly appropriate associations/coalitions to influence the health care environment for medical technology in partnerships with other stakeholders.
- Provides strategic consulting to businesses on priority product-specific coverage, coding, and payment issues.
SPECIALIST CAREER STREAM:
- Typically, an individual contributor with responsibility in a professional discipline or speciality.
- Delivers and/or manages projects assigned and works with other stakeholders to achieve desired results.
- May act as a mentor to colleagues or may direct the work of other lower-level professionals.
- Most of the time is spent delivering and overseeing the projects ? from design to implementation - while and adhering to policies, using specialized knowledge and skills normally acquired through advanced education.
- DIFFERENTIATING FACTORS
Autonomy: Recognized expert, managing large projects or processes
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining deliverables of assignments, with limited oversight from manager
- Coaches, reviews and delegates work to lower-level specialists.
- Contributes to defining the direction for new products, processes, standards, or operational plans based on business strategy with a significant impact on work group results
- May manage large projects or processes that span outside the immediate job area.
Innovation and Complexity:
- Problems and issues faced are difficult, moderately complex, and undefined, and require detailed information gathering, analysis and investigation.
- Develops solutions to moderately complex difficulties, and/or makes moderate to significant improvements of processes, systems, or products independently to enhance performance of job area.
- Implements solutions to issues.
Communication and Influence:
- Represents organization as a primary contact for specific projects and initiatives; communicates with internal and external customers and vendors at various levels .
- May negotiate with others to reach understanding or agreement, and influence decision-making.
Leadership and Talent Management:
- Typically, provides guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area.
- Typically, manages major / moderately complex projects, involving delegation of work and review of work products, at times acting as a team leader.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Requires mastery of a speciality area and full knowledge of industry practices, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires a Baccalaureate degree (or for degrees earned outside the United States, a degree which satisfies the requirements of 8 C.F.R. and minimum 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
For more information, please contact Fandi Hatib on +441727 817600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agency: Achieva Group Limited
- Contact: Fandi Hatib
- Phone: +44 (0)1727 811 634
- Reference: FH-11
Website: Achieva Group Limited
- Posted: 6th January 2022
- Expires: 3rd February 2022