A globally renowned chemical organisation is currently recruiting for a Test Engineer to join its Physical Science & Product Development team at the state of the art, Berkshire facility. As a Test Engineer, you will act as a key interface between product groups through fundamental engineering systems evaluation - whilst having the ability to collect technical information.
To be considered, you will possess an excellent academic track record (PhD) in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering, coupled with relevant experience in designing of R&D experiments - ideally a solid background in tribology.
R&D Engineer responsibilities
- Monitor's developments in internal and external technologies and related business opportunities and recommends new R&D initiatives/directions to management.
- Responsible for maintaining and/or upgrading test apparatus (rigs/cells) as required, processing and validating test data, tracking test severity and ensuring customer needs are being met.
- Run mechanical tests accurately and precisely in line with departmental needs.
- Comply with all ISO and quality system requirements with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Maintain productive relationships with team members, internal and external customers.
- Prepare written technical reports and make oral presentations internally and externally as necessary.
- Evaluates and interprets data, performance, and deliverables. Provides recommendations to R&D and project leaders regarding results, deliverables, progress, and challenges. Identifies and eliminates hurdles to successful project completion. Conducts special projects as assigned.
- Complete complex bench and rig testing plans, in-depth engineering analysis and interpretation and provide a detailed and accurate test report to the customer in a timely manner. Evaluate all test/project data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and reasonability of conclusions.
R&D Engineer requirements
- Ideally possess a PhD in an Engineering discipline. MSc/MEng will be considered if you bring relevant industrial experience.
- Experience in the design, construction and commissioning of test cells, rigs and other research tools.
- Strong fundamental understanding of automotive, fuels, emissions or lubricant testing.
- Solid understanding of PID control.
- Excellent administrative and organizational competencies.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
£Comp + final salary pension + huge career growth
R&D Engineer/Automotive/OEM/Tribology/PID Control/R&D/Chemical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7137
- Posted: 5th January 2022
- Expires: 2nd February 2022