An opportunity has arisen for a Quality Engineer to join a dynamic, specialist materials organisation at their stare of the art research facility in South London. Working within the Quality & Testing team, you will provide key support to the Quality & Testing department by working closely with the Production QC, Product Development, Material Development, Sales and Marketing departments; co-ordinating and completing requested testing activities, as well as assisting the drive for improvement in product quality, while maintaining the drive to reduce costs.
To be successful as a Quality Engineer you should ideally hold a degree in an engineering discipline and possess previous commercial experience in a similar role with a proven track record for root cause analysis, manufacturing optimisation and process improvement.
Quality Engineer Responsibilities:
- Support Quality & Testing team in dealing with customers on all quality concerns.
- Conducting investigations on non-conformance and recommending corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Root cause and remedy issues within the manufacturing facilities, using root cause analysis tools.
- Support the Complaints process, designed to provide first class customer service.
- Assisting in projects to drive waste reduction, improve process or manufacturing efficiency, or cost reduction.
- Provide technical expertise to project teams with regards to manufacturing techniques and design for manufacture.
- Compilation and verification of visual standard, product specification and other quality control documentation for required product groups.
- Providing Quality & Testing support and expertise to cross functional development teams to ensure that products and materials are developed and tested to meet briefs, as well as achieving cost targets.
Quality Engineer Requirements:
- Experience working within a relevant industry with a proven track record for root cause analysis, manufacturing optimisation and process improvement.
- University educated with relevant degree - proven job knowledge or relevant experience will also be considered.
- Knowledge and understanding of production monitoring and improvement techniques, within a similar industry.
- Experience working within an ISO 9001 certified organisation, preferably with experience of carrying out internal audits, and/or coordinating external audits.
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Benefits: 23 days holiday + Banks, Pension, on-site gym, free on-site parking.
Location: Croydon, South London
Role: Permanent, Full Time
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 8127
- Posted: 5th January 2022
- Expires: 2nd February 2022