Graduate Product Coordinator for Chemicals required, based in Staffordshire. Degree preferred in a STEM discipline - Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biosciences, Geology, Forensics, Materials or similar. Must have some work experience in customer service or customer-facing work
Graduate Product Coordinator - Chemicals
£20,000 - £22,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
SRG is working with a really successful business specialising in the distribution of chemicals, polymers and minerals to a huge range of UK chemical and materials manufacturers. They source raw materials from global suppliers to provide a large portfolio of commodity and speciality products to the UK chemical manufacturing industry. With huge growth this year, they are looking to hire a Graduate Product Coordinator to support the business team with market insights, stock management and customer technical enquiries. This would be an ideal role for a science graduate who would like to utilise their degree and technical knowledge in a job with a more commercial focus. We are also happy to hear from individuals who may have had a similar role in the chemicals industry but may not have a degree.
Benefits: You will join a well-established and successful company with full training provided and a way to apply technical understanding in a commercial environment. 37.5 working hours per week, worked 8.45am-5pm Monday to Friday. 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays, company pension scheme and annual profit-related bonus.
Role / Description
- Building up a good understanding of the product portfolio, suppliers' and customers' sectors (chemicals, polymers, materials)
- Liaising between Product Managers, Sales and Purchasing to ensure efficient flow of information
- Helping to manage the supply chain and flow of goods from purchase to final sale
- Undertaking chemical stock analysis and reviewing product demand trends to inform effective Purchasing decisions, price negotiations with suppliers and lead times
- Maintaining a detailed market database through research and market surveys to facilitate competitor analysis, inform pricing strategy and to better understand customer buying patterns
- Responding to customer technical queries for a range of chemicals across industries including coatings, adhesives, plastics and rubbers
- Coordinating with suppliers to understand product information, ensure Certificates of Analysis are received on time and Safety Data Sheets are up to date
- Exploring opportunities for new applications or possible new customers for existing products
- Contributing ideas for strategy regarding product availability and consolidation of similar/like-for-like products
- Degree preferred in a STEM discipline, e.g. Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biosciences, Geology, Forensics, Materials or similar
- Work experience in sales, customer service, retail, supply chain or similar commercial role
- An interest in applying technical knowledge in a commercial role
- Excellent written/verbal communication and good people skills
- Strong mathematical skills and able to confidently use Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Raffa on 0161 888 2517. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.comto view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemistry, chemical engineering, materials, bioscience, biology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical, metallurgy, geology, geoscience, graduate, chemicals, chemical industry, commercial, purchasing, supply chain, office, stock control, coatings, adhesives, rubbers, plastics, industrial chemistry, product coordinator, retail, customer service, logistics, shipping
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J2162481
- Posted: 5th January 2022
- Expires: 2nd February 2022