A growing pharmaceutical business has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Analytical Chemist to join its team. You would be working in their "general" and inorganic laboratories which would involve testing raw materials and finished products to in-house or published methods. To be considered, you must be educated to degree standard in a chemistry subject and have previous experience conducting wet chemistry and inorganic analysis in another laboratory.
Although the vacancy is for an experienced chemist, additional training will be provided as necessary.
- Work as an analytical chemist using classical and instrumental techniques to pharmacopoeial or other published method sources in an inorganic analytical testing laboratory. Examples of the types of testing performed are:
- UV, visible and infra red spectrometry
- Atomic absorption spectrometry
- To work in compliance with the Company regulations including in-house health and safety, GMP, GLP and UKAS Quality requirements.
- To complete analytical work within required timeframes.
- Be educated to degree standard in chemistry or related subject.
- Previous experience in a laboratory performing classical wet chemistry techniques either in the workplace or academic studies. In particular, titrimetric and gravimetric techniques are of importance.
- Work experience in a UKAS or GMP laboratory
Experience in the following instrumental techniques would be advantageous, particularly:
- UV/Vis spectrometry
- Karl Fischer titration
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7164
- Posted: 4th January 2022
- Expires: 1st February 2022