Senior Formulation Chemist - Speciality Chemicals - Formulation - Synthesis - Perm - Berkshire - £Comp + Excellent Company Benefits
A globally renowned chemical development business based in Berkshire is currently recruiting for a Senior Formulation Chemist to join its innovative research team on a permanent basis. As Senior Formulation Chemist, you will provide technical leadership for complex research and development projects, performance testing and achieving objectives set via senior management. This is an opportunity to develop into a technical lead and direct the work of fellow chemists/scientists within your team.
* Manage formulation synthesis and testing activities to meet established project objectives. Design approach, test plans, and milestones to project completion.
* Evaluate and interpret data, performance, and deliverables. Provide recommendations to R&D and project leaders regarding results, deliverables, progress and challenges.
* Identify and remove hurdles to successful project completion.
* Participate in technical and project reviews and present findings to the wider management team.
* Engage with assigned teams and cross-functional stakeholders, such as Business, Process and Marketing.
* Complete complex analytical testing procedures, in-depth analysis and interpretation and provide a detailed and accurate test report to the customer in a timely manner.
* Lead or direct special research projects independently. Often responsible for multiple projects of varying complexity occurring at same time.
* You ideally will be qualified to PhD (preferred) level in chemistry or related subject from a recognised leading university. However MSc, MChem, MSci level will be considered if you bring experience.
* Expert level knowledge and understanding of specific chemistry and/or engineering principles and application of those principals in a research and development environment.
* Decision making in a timely manner based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
* The ability to use information, practices & trends, affecting the business to engage and drive new strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
* The ability to communicate information clearly and effectively in an engaging and convincing manner.
* The openness to new ideas and the ability to generate breakthrough solutions.
The company offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package including a final salary pension scheme.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: BBBH5342
- Updated: 14th January 2022
- Expires: 11th February 2022