We are currently looking for a Principal Scientist - Upstream Process Development to join a world leading CDMO focused on the Development of life saving Protein based therapeutics. As the Principal Scientist - Upstream Process Development you will be responsible for leading and growing a team of Upstream Development Scientists, whilst also continuing to work hands-on with the mammalian upstream processes.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mammalian Upstream scientist keen to work for a Global organisation where they can further develop their career in an organisation focused on staff personal and professional development. This is a Team Leadership opportunity that does not require extensive prior leadership experience.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Principal Scientist - Upstream Process Development will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will develop, optimise and establish the mammalian upstream process capability to produce high quality cell culture harvests. It will be your responsibility as the Principal Scientist to work hands-on in order to deliver the projects and platform development activities.
2. It will be you and the USP Teams\' role to transfer and support the developed processes to internal pilot plant manufacturing and transfer processes to external clients.
3. As the Principal Scientist, you will provide scientific and technical leadership while creating and maintaining risk assessments, carrying out media and feed development, as well as technology transfer and scale-up.
4. You will work closely with the Cell Line Development, Downstream Process Development, Analytical Development, Research Manufacturing and Quality teams to develop and establish new techniques and recommend alternative approaches and potential solutions to cell culture issues.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Principal Scientist - Upstream Process Development we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant BSc/MSc degree in a Scientific degree (e.g. Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Food Science, Biological Sciences, Biochemical Engineering, etc.) is essential. A PhD would be beneficial.
2. Proven industry experience in biologics, cell or viral upstream process development is required. Mammalian Cell Culture experience is also a prerequisite for this role.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with mammalian upstream process development and working with bioreactors (e.e Single-use, wave bag, stirred tank, Ambr15, Ambr250) is necessary. Work with cell stock \'out of freeze\', seed train development and production bioreactor optimisation will be beneficial.
Key Words: Upstream | Process Development | Principal Scientist | USP | Mammalian | Cell Culture | Bioreactor | Ambr | Biotechnology | Biologics | Team Lead
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgia Walden
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5635849
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 21st December 2021
- Expires: 18th January 2022