For the Discovery!
We are Charnwood Molecular (CML) a leading Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing medicinal and synthetic chemistry services to the global pharmaceutical, biotechnology and chemical industries.
We are looking for a Director of DMPK to play a lead role in building and establishing a team of DMPK scientists to work alongside our research scientists in chemistry and biology as we seek to further establish ourselves as the provider of choice for integrated drug discovery programmes across a global client base.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver your vision for a data-driven DMPK group that not only generates tier 1 and tier 2 assay results to support integrated projects, but rationalises those data in the context of our clients’ projects and the specific challenges that they are facing, allowing projects to move forward to the next decision point with the greatest possibility of success
- Build a structured and highly skilled team of DMPK scientists capable of delivering results to the highest possible standards in support of client projects
- Develop an external reputation for scientific excellence through the generation of technical content and presentations showcasing the skills of the department and our approach to adding value to client projects
Our continued success is built upon a number of principles and beliefs that we hold at our core and which are central to our ongoing role as an employer and as a leading provider of services to the global scientific community. We strive to place these Values at the heart of all we do.
- Operating in a data-driven manner to the highest standards of scientific integrity
- Empowerment of staff, encouraging innovation and creativity
- Building meaningful relationships based on transparent communication
- Being open, honest, truthful and respectful with others
What you’ll need:
- Extensive experience and understanding of the importance and application of DMPK to the drug discovery and development processes
- Entrepreneurial approach to developing and delivering a clear vision for DMPK at Charnwood Molecular
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, as demonstrated both internally and externally
- Experience of managing a team of DMPK scientists across multiple projects
- Experience of motivating and developing employees
- A positive role model with a ‘can-do’ attitude, who contributes to departmental goals and promotes best practice
- An effective team player; with the confidence to define your approach whilst listening to others to collaborate effectively with your peers.
- Broad experience of DMPK project support across different phases of drug discovery (e.g., hit identification, hit-to-lead, lead optimisation)
- An understanding of pharmacology and medicinal chemistry; you will be required to contribute to the strategy of project teams
- Strong track record of scientific impact in projects with the ability to manage work across multiple projects
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, sound scientific judgement and high-quality decision making, which impacts positively on project deliverables
- Experience of identifying and implementing process change, including demonstration of the people skills required to enact change management
- An interest in new technologies and alternative approaches
If you don’t feel you fit this role 100% we would still like to hear from you! Tell us what you are interested in what you would bring to Charnwood – you might have a skill we didn’t realize we needed!
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Salary and annual performance bonus
- Additional benefits include: Relocation support available, Pension scheme, Healthcare Insurance and counselling services, annual leave, life assurance and critical illness plus fantastic discounts across Travel, Food & Drink and so much more.
- We invest heavily in the professional development of our employees and if career progression is important to you opportunities are available.
- We appreciate people have lives and are open to discussing the right work/life balance on the needs of the individual.
- Wellbeing initiatives like cycle to work schemes and mental health first aiders
“What makes CM unique is our unrivalled, unwavering passion for the truly ground-breaking science we facilitate and the trusting relationships we build.”
Prof. Steve Allin, Founder and CEO.
How we recruit:
At CM we are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive and flexible workplace where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
Related skills: Biology, Life Science, Laboratory, Research
- Employer: Charnwood Molecular
Website: Charnwood Molecular
- Updated: 24th January 2022
- Expires: 21st February 2022