CK Group are recruiting for a Production Support Chemist on behalf of an industry leading Contract Development and Manufacturing organisation, working in the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients industry, to be based at their site in Cramlington on a permanent basis.
This Production Support Chemist position is located in Cramlington, which is easily commutable from across North East England, and accessible by both the A1 and the A19. There is ample free parking provided on site. The site can be accessed by public transport from Newcastle.
Production Support Chemist Role:
The main purpose of this position is to provide support and technical guidance to the manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) and intermediates for emerging drug candidates and established commercial products.
Additional duties will include:
- Providing technical support and oversight to processes during manufacture, with particular emphasis on the successful introduction of new process stages.
- Investigations into processing issues (e.g. atypical in-process results, reduced yields) and working with project teams to resolve issues
- Preparation of current good manufacturing practice (cGMP) documentation to support processes as required
- Laboratory work to support troubleshooting and in support of research and development processes
- Tracking process data to allow process improvement opportunities to be identified
- Implementing and maintaining key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Accompanying customers during site visits for plant observation
- Set cGMP standards and participate in audits on processes and related equipment
- The ideal candidate for the role will have the following skills and experience:
- BSc/MSc (or equivalent experience) in chemistry or chemical engineering
- Strong knowledge of organic chemistry
- An understanding of cGMP
- Computer literate in Word and Excel, ideally with knowledge of SAP
This role will involve shift working, providing 24hr cover.
The company offer a competitive benefits package, which includes:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Company pension scheme
- Onsite restaurant
- Long service awards scheme
- Death in service policy
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Production Support Chemist position, please contact Sarah Farrow on 0191 3706486, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Sarah Farrow
- Phone: 0191 384 8906
- Reference: 52370
Website: CK Group
- Updated: 21st December 2021
- Expires: 18th January 2022