An exciting opportunity has arisen for an instrumentation engineer to join an in vitro diagnostic start-up at its facility in Liverpool. You will be the technical expert within this field, working as part of a like-minded multidisciplinary R&D team to build the clients product to specification.
To be successful you should hold a relevant degree in a relevant field: Electronic Engineering, Mechatronics or closely related and possess previous experience in imaging and image analysis, mechatronics systems and circuit design, either from a commercial or academic setting.
- Implementation of:
- Mechatronic control systems on microcontrollers
- Automated imaging protocols
- Data analysis in software
- Circuit & CAD design
- Microfluidic design and testing.
- To read, collate, report and archive results using defined documentation and computer systems.
- Responsible for preparing reagents, standards and control samples and contribute to general laboratory housekeeping duties.
- To promptly report any deviations, out-of-specification / limits results. To assist where required with investigations.
- To operate a variety of instrumentation and computer software packages intended for data analysis, collation, and other related applications.
- Identify continuous improvement initiatives.
- Hold a relevant degree in a relevant field: Electronic Engineering, Mechatronics, or a closely related discipline.
- Possess previous experience in imaging and image analysis, mechatronics systems and circuit design, either from a commercial or academic setting.
- Team worker with good problem-solving skills.
- Should be able to plan and execute the relevant experiments.
- Knowledge of laboratory SOPs and ability to revise and write new procedures.
- Understanding of knowledge of laboratory operations and practical work.
Salary: £32,000 - £36,000
Benefits: Company Performance Bonus, Company Pension, Life Insurance, 25 Days Holiday + Banks, Free Parking On-Site, Training & Development Opportunities
Role: Full Time, Permanent
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7154
- Posted: 25th November 2021
- Expires: 23rd December 2021