Principal Analytical Development Scientist
Permanent - Full Time
Competitive salary depends upon experience
We are looking for an experienced principal analytical development scientist to support the Analytical Development team to ensure the successful delivery of all operational projects for our clients.
- Provide technical expertise on new analytical methods and where applicable further develop the methods so that they are suitable for testing the drug products that are dosed within the clinic including the validation of these methods.
- Assist in the review and approval of key study documentation; including protocols, validation reports and analytical write up to ensure a high level of accuracy and consistency.
- Identify and install new analytical capabilities.
- Troubleshoot any complex methodologies and technical equipment across the company.
- Furthermore, in this role you will be required to attend client meetings.
- Host audits on behalf of the development team where required.
- This role will require you to work with cross functional teams across the business and with our clients so the ability to build strong working relationships is key.
Other tasks and responsibilities include:
- Project managing the analytical development aspects for projects.
- Provide analytical method development expertise for methods that require development or further optimisation.
- Drafting, review and approval of analytical methods.
- Analytical documentation including methods, protocols and reports. This includes review and approval.
- Laboratory write ups completion, checking and approval.
- Training of new and existing staff where required.
- Providing analytical expertise and guidance for other members of staff especially regarding method development activities.
- Writing/updating/approving SOPs.
- Degree level qualification in Chemistry or equivalent.
- Significant experience working in an analytical role within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Expertise in HPLC assays, purity and dissolution method development, validation troubleshooting and extensive knowledge in test requirements for oral dosage forms.
- Some line of supervisory and quality.
- You should be reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated as well as having excellent communication skills.
If you're interested in the role and have the skills required please apply online or alternatively contact Bal on 0121 728 8455 should you wish to discuss the role in more detail.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2162832
- Posted: 24th November 2021
- Expires: 1st December 2021