Cranleigh are working with an innovative business who develop sustainable and high-quality biomaterials from extracted marine collagen. Their material replicates the authentic feel of leather and significantly reduces water consumption, carbon footprints, land use, and waste generated in the manufacturing process.
We are looking for a passionate senior process engineer who thrives on exciting projects and has an interest in sustainability and the bio-based materials sector. You will play a key role in developing and implementing the design of a new manufacturing processes from bench-top scale to pilot scale.
- Lead the process engineering transition of product manufacturing from bench-top scale to pilot scale.
- Work closely with the R&D team on formulation and process optimisation.
- Create an efficient process flow for pilot manufacturing.
- Identify and procure suitable equipment and resources needed for the scale-up studies.
- Explore and evaluate creative methods to maintain/improve material performance at a larger scale.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders, suppliers, customers, contractors to ensure delivery of high-quality products.
- Build quality assurance protocols.
- Ensure all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
- A chartered engineer with proven commercial experience in similar process engineering roles.
- Experience in project management and leading a small team.
- Extensive experience and solid knowledge in scale-up studies and pilot manufacturing of materials.
- Educated to degree level in process engineering, chemical engineering, materials engineering or similar.
- A sound understanding of rheology would be highly advantageous.
- Knowledge in organic chemistry, material characterisation and testing with experience in non-woven textile/leather manufacturing would be highly advantageous.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a strong leadership and teamwork ethic.
Salary: £. Competitive
Benefits: Relocation allowance, Company share options, Flexible working hours
Role: Full Time, Permanent
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7150
- Posted: 24th November 2021
- Expires: 22nd December 2021