A global player in the flavour and fragrance market has an exciting opportunity for a Sensory Scientist to join its team in London on a 12-month FTC. You will be a senior member of this team working to manage and deliver sensory strategic projects.
You will be the global point of contact for the perfumery sensory community but candidates with extensive sensory experience across any industry will be considered. It is important you have an innovative and creative mindset as you will have strong links to the R&D team.
If you are not a UK resident please continue to apply as the client is willing and able to provide sponsorship for a skilled worker visa if successful
- Manage and deliver sensory strategic projects by recommending and applying appropriate methodologies to meet objectives analysing interpreting reporting and presenting the results to ensure key insights are communicated in the business.
- Act as primary point of contact with test requests and develop/maintain contacts with the different functions. Where appropriate to liaise with external clients to maximise effectiveness of sensory work to help win business.
- Manage efficiently the external and internal panels by monitoring performance.
- Plan and organise sensory projects with our external descriptive panel and work closing with our senior panel leader.
- Global point of contact with the Perfumery Sensory community with regards to our Internal Sensory Software by supporting and training users keeping up to date support documents and by contributing to the development of our tool to answer business needs.
- Work closely with London Sensory Team to ensure good coordination of projects so that all sensory duties and responsibilities are completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Be proactive in working within the Global Sensory Team to support development of new methodologies and good harmonisation of protocols or sensory proactive programs according to business needs.
- Maintain awareness of new developments in sensory research and their potential application to fragrance evaluation modifying practices as appropriate.
- A solid Sensory Science Background with a minimum of a bachelor's degree in an appropriate field with a Sensory/Consumer Science focus.
- Significant experience in a sensory and/or consumer research role.
- Strong client facing skills and client management experience.
- Expertise in a broad range of Sensory techniques and advanced statistical knowledge.
- A demonstrable and successful track record of people management in a team environment.
- Excellent planning organisational and presentation skills.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Professional English.
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Location: West London
Role: Full Time, 12 Month FTC
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7151
- Posted: 24th November 2021
- Expires: 22nd December 2021