We are currently looking for a Downstream Scientist to join a growing Biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Downstream Scientist you will be responsible for developing downstream processes using AKTA systems for Microbial products.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Downstream Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will optimise purification techniques and in process analytics for Microbial products. This will include doing Process Development and Tech Transfer of up to 100L.
2. As the Downstream Scientist you will train less experienced staff in purification techniques for downstream processing within a laboratory environment.
3. It will be your responsibility to review proposals and reports while keeping them maintained according to protocols.
4. You will use DSP techniques such as AKTA chromatography and Unicorn software as well as other downstream processing techniques such as TFF or chromatography techniques such as IEX, IMAC, SEC etc...
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in a Science subject (e.g. Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Protein Science etc.) or equivalent is necessary for your application. Industry experience will be highly beneficial.
2. Proven laboratory experience with scale up and process development of downstream purification techniques and in-process analytic such as Ion Exchange chromatography, Size Exclusion Chromatography or Affinity Chromatography etc...
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with AKTA and unicorn software is required and a knowledge of GMP is highly beneficial.
Key Words: Purification / Downstream / GMP / AKTA / TFF / Biologics / Biotechnology / Laboratory / R&D / Research and Development / Tangential Flow Filtration / DSP / Scientist / South East / Microbiology / Microbial / Biological Products / Bioprocess / Tech Transfer / Process Development / Cambridgeshire TFF / Ion Exchange chromatography / Size Exclusion Chromatography / Affinity Chromatography / Unicorn
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Sarah Audit
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5635716
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 22nd November 2021
- Expires: 20th December 2021