This is a rare opportunity to join an industry leading Ink manufacturing business as a R&D chemist at their state-of-the-art facility in Livingston. As an R&D chemist you will work as part of the company's innovation team, assisting in the development high performance polymers, inks and coatings for a number of applications.
To be successful as an R&D Chemist you should hold a degree in a relevant discipline: chemistry, polymer technology/chemistry and possess hands-on experience within an academic or commercial laboratory.
R&D Chemist Responsibilities:
- Support the development of high-performance polymer systems, UV curable inks and coatings.
- Responsible for providing quality control analysis.
- Work alongside customers to sole any problems; improve current products.
- Liaise with raw material suppliers to test and identify high quality materials for current and future developments.
- Keeping accurate records and documentation is also an important aspect of this role.
R&D Chemist Requirements:
- Hold a degree within relevant discipline: Chemistry, Polymer Technology/Chemistry.
- Some knowledge/experience with polymers and or inks would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisation and administrative skills are essential, must also possess the ability to prioritise and plan allocated workloads.
Salary: £. CompetitiveBenefits: Pension Contribution - 25 Days Holiday + Banks Hours 37.5 Hours per Week - Monday to FridayRole: Full Time, Permanent
If you are a recent chemistry graduate or possess experience within the polymer or inks industry and are looking for an exciting research and development opportunity please get in touch.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 8107
- Posted: 22nd November 2021
- Expires: 20th December 2021