A sustainable agricultural start-up has an exciting opportunity for a Plant Cell Specialist to join its growing team. You will grow the company tissue culture and cell culture expertise, with a focus on working with plant cells. You will develop specific protocols for working with different varieties and plant tissues, including plantlet regeneration from single cells. You will have a PhD/MSc or multiple years of experience in Plant Cell Biology and Plant Cell and Tissue Culture
- Set up and optimise plant tissue culture methods for the propagation and culture of mother plants
- Develop Regeneration protocols for plant cells in a variety of agronomically important species
- Develop efficient protocols for isolation and regeneration of single cells and protoplasts, not only from model plants but also for recalcitrant crops
- Support Discovery and Implementation Scientists with cell focused methods
- PhD/MSc or multiple years of experience in Plant Cell Biology and Plant Cell and Tissue Culture
- Strong knowledge and background of cell biology, plant physiology and microscopy
- Experience to develop protocols for plant regeneration from different species & tissues, not only in model crops but also in recalcitrant species.
- Experience working in a sterile environment.
- Self-driven with effective time management and multitasking capability.
- A hands-on attitude with observation patience.
- Excellent written and oral communication & ability to work well in a team
- Excellent documentation, IT & numerical skills
- Ability to work in a results-driven environment
You get extra points if you:
- Have previously demonstrated skills in cell biology and plant regeneration of a recalcitrant crop
- Have previously worked with protoplasts in plant transformation or gene editing
- Proficiently use a Laboratory Information Management System
- Have experience working in a start-up company
- Love plants as much as we do and have a green thumb
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7144
- Posted: 19th November 2021
- Expires: 17th December 2021