We are currently looking for Operations and Technical Buyers to join a growing life sciences company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Operations / Technical Buyer you will be responsible for supporting the Operational Procurement team in the day to day running of a fast moving, ever changing department. Ensuring that all of the Manufacturing & Engineering requirements are met. Work with the Manufacturing & engineering planners to ensure that all MRO requirements are current and that orders are a true reflection of the plan. Engage with internal stakeholders and suppliers to improve and consolidate the supplies to the factory through tendering and consolidation of commodities.
Accountable for the supply of items that fall within the direct procurement category with an aim of ensuring supplies to manufacturing whilst ensuring BPL achieves best value for money and right first time quality. This will include the delivering value on for money, managing an ongoing SRM program and stakeholder management.
Categories include but are not limited to Chemicals, Gels, Reagents, Laboratory Supplies, Excipients, Filters & Primary Packaging.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Operations / Technical Buyer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Provide commercial recommendations, negotiate appropriate contracts in conjunction with Sourcing Manager and support deliverables.
2. Ensure Procurement and quality processes are managed and adhered to.
3. Build and maintain strong, positive, and trusting relationships with all key internal stakeholders.
4. Build and maintain strong, positive, and trusting relationships with all key suppliers and be recognised as a key point of contact.
5. Responsible for leveraging best value for money from expenditure through competitive tendering, negotiation, supplier consolidation and preferential contract terms.
6. Rigorous stakeholder support in supplier engagement & procurement, freeing up key SME resources
7. Run competitive processes to select fit-for-purpose suppliers for the company across a range of goods and services.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Operations / Technical Buyer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Degree in a relevant field, plus a track record of procurement experience working within a regulated sector (pharma, biotech, food and beverage. aerospace, defence, etc). Ideally, CIPS qualified.
2. Proven stakeholder management and engagement experience, and category management experience.
3. Team player, problem solver, and flexible attitude.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5635594
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 18th November 2021
- Expires: 16th December 2021