Forestry Product Manager
As a Forestry Product Manager you'll be responsible for:
- To plan and conduct professional management system audits in accordance with the clients procedures to enable delivery of assessment and certification services that meet customer requirements and appropriate accreditation standards.
- The product management of the FSC and PEFC standards including technical expertise, technical review, proposal approval, commercial support and ongoing Front Office and Client support in order to best meet the needs to the business.
- Maintain good relationships with the accredited office through effective management of the standards from a technical aspect, including training and recruitment of new auditors and contractors, dissemination of information relevant to the teams and maintaining ongoing good compliance with the scheme requirements.
- Communicate to clients on market information and case studies to ensure we build client loyalty. Ensure these communications dovetail into technical communication issued by the tech team
- Conduct audits (either desk-based or on client's sites) in accordance with established procedures, maintaining a high standard of service delivery that ensures effective customer relationships.
- Manage personal schedule to work efficiently and to meet target chargeability requirements as defined by the Business Manager.
- Project-manage auditing teams as appropriate to maximise efficiencies, enhance client satisfaction and ensure compliance with standards.
- To actively support the clients UK market for FSC audit, certification and training services based through various channels including Identify speaker opportunities, print and electronic media where we can build targeted presence within the market place.
- Provide support to the Sales Executives (Business Development) and associated teams in order to sell FSC related services.
- Undertake personal professional development and ensure appropriate training records and personal logs are updated to maintain relevant auditor registrations and relevant industry knowledge
- If required, to provide technical support and staff training to all parts of the business to enhance the service capability of the business
- Support business development activities as required (including follow up and/or referral of enquiries, sales visits, assistance at events, seminars, etc) to enable on-going growth of the business
- To manage personal expenditure required to fulfil the role in order that customer relations and profitability of the business are not compromised
- Undertake personal professional development and ensure appropriate training records and personal logs are updated to maintain relevant auditor registrations and relevant industry knowledge.
- If required, to provide technical support and employee training to all parts of the business to enhance the service capability of the business.
- At all times, adopt a safe behaviour by exercising due regard for the health and safety of yourself, colleagues, and clients, in line with the Company's policies and procedures
- Ensure full compliance with the Company's Code of Integrity & Professional Conduct, and at all times adopt behaviour in accordance with the clients UK's Equality & Diversity policy.
Current Challenges & Opportunities
- Effective work planning in order to achieve utilisation targets
- Achieving report turnaround deadlines
- Consistent and continual procedural compliance in line with scheme rules including the transition to the new version of the standard.
- Understanding of Knowledge systems and procedures in relation to Commercial Team activity
- Achieve zero customer complaint target
Skills & Knowledge
- Must be able to demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of management systems, standards and compliance/auditing techniques
- Forestry Auditor
- Effective interpersonal skills; able to develop good working relationships with people at all levels
- Must be IT literate i.e. competent in the use of MS Office applications and preferable experience of using large support systems
- Approved to undertake FSC and PEFC audits
- Approved to undertake FSC COC & PEFC COCDesirable
- Able to motivate team and lead others in a 'project team' environment.
- Technical knowledge in the Forestry sector
- Relevant work experience in positions with management systems responsibility
- Experience in management systems auditing against recognised standards
- Experience of working under own initiative and in planning and prioritising workloads
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders with regards to the product
- Experience of managing and leading teams
- Technical management of teams and experience in training
Key words; "forestry product manager or auditing or auditor or lead auditor or FSC or PEFC or forestry auditor "
Please apply direct or send your CV to email@example.com.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2162714
- Updated: 18th November 2021
- Expires: 16th December 2021