Location: North West London
Salary: 19 - 25
CPL have a new exciting 3-month contact hiring for an Assistant Laboratory Manager, working with the with the Institute of immunity and transplantation.The main responsibility of this role is to ensure the coherence of cryopreservation and supply of critical services. The role will require the candidate to be onsite each working day during working hours and be available for emergency callouts if required.
- Prepare protocols in regard to the management of cryogenic samples and essential laboratory equipment, including clear instructions addressing what to do in the event of a failure.
- Work in coordination with the Laboratory Manager, managing essential laboratory equipment such as dry ice, liquid nitrogen/cryogens, and CO2
- Organize the freezers use ensuring staff have adequate allocated space, whilst freezers are ensured to be working at -80C, and all liquid nitrogen containers are filled.
- Organize and oversee the liquid nitrogen and -80C monitoring system (T-scan). Being available for an out of hours call out in case of a freezer breakdown.
- Ensure a monitoring software is in place guaranteeing the CO2 supply is always sufficient and order replacement cylinders as necessary.
- Ensure procedures are placed and followed to secure samples in the event of equipment failure and monitor sample storage
- Higher Life science degree or equivalent working experience
- Experienced in Laboratory management in a biomedical research field
- Knowledgeable and up to date of Health & Safety legislations within a modern laboratory
- Proficient with the use of Excel
- Ability to prepare policy documents, protocols, and training materials
This is an outstanding opportunity to develop your knowledge and expertise within the life science industry . If you think this role is the role for you, please apply within or send your CV to Abby.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agency: Cpl Life Sciences
- Contact: Abby Bettridge
- Reference: JO-2111-480279
Website: Cpl Life Sciences
- Posted: 17th November 2021
- Expires: 15th December 2021