CK Group are recruiting for a MTS Supervisor on behalf of an industry leading provider of waste management services, to be based at their site in Portsmouth on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for:
- Organising and managing all waste collections relating to the contracted work from Portsmouth Naval Base
- Organising collections from client?s sites and delivering to waste transfer site for disposal
- Maintain provision of packing materials on site
- Ensure all relevant legislation required to perform the job correctly is adhered to
- Comply with Health & Safety policies and procedures ensuring all requirements required are met both on client?s sites and at waste receipt/disposal sites.
- Technically assess, segregate, label and pack waste on client?s site with documentation compliant to current UK legislation.
- Compile and maintain list of hazardous waste needing collection and disposal producing required documentation and ensure compliance with current legislation.
- Collection and loading waste onto transport vehicle with the aid of material handling equipment making it safe and suitable for transportation, safely driving company vehicle to the hazardous waste site for disposal when on the premises make for safe and efficient off-loading.
- Risk Assessments at client sites
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly vehicle reporting any defects that prevents duties being accomplished.
- Compliance with EU Drivers Hours Regulations, Working Time Directive and local laws regulating safe driving and the safe and proper handling and loading in the transport of Dangerous Goods
- Assist in promoting growth of the MTS business in the region.
To be considered for the position you should have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to minimum HNC level in Chemistry or other related discipline
- Technically competent in the handling of hazardous waste.
- Experience of packing hazardous waste for transportation and disposal.
- Computer literate- working knowledge of Microsoft Office & SAP would be an advantage.
- Good general health and physically fit must be able to perform physical activities.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with potential and existing customers identifying sales opportunities and leads.
- Hard worker self-motivated, enthusiastic, capable of working autonomously with limited supervision and a willingness to learn new skills
- Holder of a EU driving licence for at least two years
- ADR licence for packages would be an advantage but training will be provided if required.
- Forklift Truck certification would be an advantage, but training will be provided if required.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246457723 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 52213.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Natalie Wood
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 52213
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 15th November 2021
- Expires: 13th December 2021