Are you a PhD graduate or a Scientist with 2-3 years experience in analytical testing/characterization? Are you looking for an opportunity to work for one of the top 5 Pharma companies in the world? If so this role might be for you.
CPL are actively recruiting for a Post-Doctoral Scientist/ Scientist with excellent technical skills, who wants to learn more and add their expertise to our dynamic Analytical Research and Development group in Sandwich. They will work with cross-functional development teams collaborating with organic chemists, formulation scientists, analytical chemists and material scientists from across the global organisation, applying a variety of analytical and physical characterization techniques (such as LCMS, ion chromatography, particle sizing and particle surface analysis) to help develop an industry-leading mechanistic understanding of nitrosamine-forming processes in solid drug products.
- Collaborate with formulation and analytical scientists to study how the composition and solid-form properties of pharmaceutical products can affect nitrosamine formation.
- Design and execute accelerated stability studies and use statistical and kinetic modelling approaches to analyse the data and understand the effect of factors such as temperature and humidity
- Develop and apply quantitative trace analytical methods, especially LCMS, and apply a range of physical characterization techniques (such as laser diffraction, PXRD) as necessary.
- Effectively collaborate with project team members in a multidisciplinary environment (e.g. from analytical chemistry, material science, formulation science and organic chemistry), including presenting data at project team meetings, critically reviewing experimental data and be actively involved in solving technical challenges.
- Team interaction is critical, and the colleague must be able to collaborate with peers in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment.
- May author internal and external publications and collaborate in cross-industry consortia on this topic.
- Honours or Masters degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or a related discipline with a high degree classification (e.g. equivalent of U.K. 1st or 2nd class).
- PhD degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or a related field
- A team orientated person with experience in a laboratory environment in the pharmaceutical industry or a closely related industry is highly desirable.
- Excellent team collaboration and organisational skills and ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment are also essential.
- A rational approach to problem solving with strong attention to detail and a desire to learn and grow their skills is essential.
- Experience of running quantitative high sensitivity LC-MS preferred
- Knowledgeable in the use of diverse computational, modelling and simulation tools would be highly beneficial.
- A good appreciation of small molecule pharmaceutical development and an ability to apply scientific technical skills and knowledge to projects independently and proactively.
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of contemporary analytical technologies
- Experience in contributing to the authoring external technical publications is desirable
- Agency: Cpl Life Sciences
- Contact: Joshua Aderinto
- Reference: JO-2111-479596
Website: Cpl Life Sciences
- Posted: 12th November 2021
- Expires: 10th December 2021