Quality Support Technician required, based in West Yorkshire. Previous experience in a quality-related or laboratory role preferred. Chemistry or Chemical Engineering graduates also welcome.
Title: Quality Support Technician
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £22,000 per annum
SRG is working with a family-run and well-established manufacturer of chemical construction products who have consistently grown year on year for the last 5 years - even during the pandemic! They are now looking for a Quality Support Technician to join the team to assist with technical projects relating to product and production issues, customer complaints and quality improvement. This will also lead to involvement in auditing, technical report writing and process improvement in due course. Split across the lab, office and the manufacturing plant, this role would be a brilliant opportunity for Chemistry/Chemical Engineering graduate. It could be equally well suited to someone with previous experience in the laboratory, quality-related activities, risk assessments or auditing in a chemical manufacturing environment.
Benefits: Permanent role in a company who are looking to invest further in their lab and manufacturing facilities in the next 2 years, with training provided. Offering 23 days' holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, matched pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus. Working hours: 8am-5pm Monday to Friday. Occasional QC Shift cover required (either 6am-2pm or 2pm-10pm).
- Performing project-based quality improvement activities in the lab and on plant
- Conducting and improving methods of sample preparation and evaluation
- Investigating customer complaints through physical and application testing of products
- Working closely with Engineers and Production Operators to understand and solve issues arising on plant
- Assisting with internal auditing to ISO 9001 and 14001 standards
- Analysing data and producing technical reports of results and recommendations
- Undertaking risk assessments for new products and equipment
- Covering QC for illness and holiday absences (density, viscosity, gel time, specific gravity testing)
- Minimum A-Level qualification in Chemistry/Applied Science. HNC, HND or degree qualification in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering considered advantageous.
- Practical laboratory skills or quality-related experience beneficial but not essential
- Good basic understanding of chemistry or chemical engineering principles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to analyse data and write effective reports
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Applied Science, quality, QC, laboratory, audit, complaint investigation, process improvement, troubleshooting, data analysis,
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J2162667
- Posted: 11th November 2021
- Expires: 9th December 2021