An opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Manager join a forward-thinking organisation that specialise in the development design and manufacturer of processing systems for polymer fibre applications within the biomedical and medical device sectors.
As the business development manager you will play a key role in generating profitable sales to globally based existing and new customers, ranging from academic institutions to multinational corporations.
Reporting directly to the company owners, the role will involve frequent overseas travel, working closely with both customers and our clients in-house Research & Development team to develop and secure sales of equipment.
Business Development Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Achieving profitable sales in line with Company sales policy and meeting and exceeding sales targets and KPIs.
- Proactively pursuing and generating both New Product sales and sales in new markets.
- Developing deep knowledge of the company's product offerings and value propositions and mastering the technical features of the products and services being sold.
- Building and maintaining customer relations and solving problems for them by developing innovative and tailored sales solutions.
- Facilitating Technical Information Transfer, where required.
- Engaging audiences and clients more deeply by working with internal departments, participating in design reviews, and maintaining ongoing liaison with R&D.
Business Development Manager Requirements:
- Possess a technical background, with a degree or equivalent typically in Business or Business Administration, Marketing or Sales Management.
- Able to demonstrate a history of successful international capital process equipment sales.
- Prior experience in selling within the following areas: Textiles, Non-Wovens, Polymers, Plastic Extrusion or Plastic Fibres.
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of absorbing technical detail, with excellent presentation skills.
- Experience in export selling to countries with different cultures.
- Self-motivated with capacity to work independently.
- Willingness to travel regularly abroad and spend long periods away from home.
Salary: Competitive + Commission structure based on performance against sales generated
Benefits: Pension scheme, medical insurance, and company car (if required)
Location: Yorkshire + International travel
Role: Full Time, Permanent
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 8122
- Posted: 11th November 2021
- Expires: 9th December 2021