Job Title: Molecular Biologist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Duration: 1 year + Potential extensions
Pay Rate: £15 per hour (circa £28,080 per annum)
SRG are currently looking to recruit for a Molecular Biologist to join a global agrochemical company based in the Berkshire area. This organisation wishes to help people across the world to grow more food using fewer resources in a more sustainable way.
As a molecular biology research scientist you will be based within the Herbicide Bioscience group provides expertise in biochemical, molecular biology and biokinetic analysis of herbicide chemistries, in order to understand how their mode of action, potency, and kinetics influence the biological activity and spectrum. You will provide the plant molecular biology team with core capabilities such as general cloning support, Q-PCR and nucleic acid isolation from plant species. Characterise transgenic plant lines through basic molecular biology approaches such as PCR and ELISA. Assist with plant transformation to deliver high quality transgenic plants for glasshouse assays.
- Working closely with other colleagues in the Herbicide Bioscience group and beyond to deliver molecular biology support to a wide range of herbicide projects.
- Work independently on a day-to-day basis and manage the workload effectively.
- Build an understanding of the relevant literature in order to develop technical knowledge and share that knowledge with the relevant people.
- Identify areas for improvements in efficiency and contribute to innovative solutions and problem-solving activities in consultation with other stakeholders.
- Provide training in areas of expertise to other staff as required.
- Responsible for ensuring high standards of health and safety are maintained, providing a clean and safe working environment for self and colleagues. Comply with all safety procedures, protocols for track and trace of transgenic materials and HSE regulations.
- Knowledge of molecular biology tools (PCR, sequencing etc.)
- Ability to integrate into the organisation and to quickly build an effective working relationship with individuals across teams.
- Be adaptable and flexible with a "can-do" attitude.
- Ability to think creatively, problem solve and identify novel solutions to our research
- Ability to work under pressure whilst not compromising on data quality
- Must be self-driven and able to independently work to an agreed objective rather than a list of tasks
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required
- Interest in data management an advantage
Apply online today. For more information about the role or application submission process please email Irfan Jabar on: Irfan.email@example.com.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2162078
- Posted: 11th November 2021
- Expires: 9th December 2021