Are you a QC technician looking for a new role? I am currently recruiting for a Shift Laboratory Technician to join a chemical manufacturing company in the oil and additives industry at their site based in the Basildon area, on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is a privately owned organisation who specialise in formulating, manufacturing and supplying chemicals used in the oil and gas industry. Currently going through a period of growth, they are looking for a Shift QC Technician to join the team. Please note that the 12 hour shifts for this position will include both days and nights. The company offers a salary including shift allowance of up to £32,000 depending on experience, as well as a generous benefits package including 20 shift days\' holiday + bank holidays, pension scheme with a company contribution of 9%, life assurance scheme, private healthcare, employee assistance programme, discretionary bonus scheme and more.
This role will be based at the company\'s site near Basildon, easily commutable by road from Chelmsford, Romford, Wickford, Southend, Grays and surrounding areas. The ability to drive with own transport is required in order to reach site for the shift hours.
Your main duties will be:
- Responsible for all in house testing of raw materials, finished products and reporting and recording of all test results.
- Produce laboratory blends when requested.
- Supervise laboratory assistant and provide training and support as required.
- Ensure laboratory equipment is maintained to the highest of standards at all times and report any issues.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Proven experience of hands on working in an industry-based QC laboratory - essential
- Knowledge of using titrators, densitometers, viscometers and XRF would be advantageous
- An educational background in Chemistry would be preferred
For more information or to apply for this Junior Chemist position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 52166.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Victoria Walker
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 52166
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 11th November 2021
- Expires: 9th December 2021