A market leading Agrochemical business based in Macclesfield is currently recruiting for a Chemistry Team Leader to join its discovery team on a permanent basis. As Chemistry Team Leader you will take authority and direction on novel R&D projects, whilst having the ability to manage & supervise a team of highly qualified chemists.
Chemistry Team Leader responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of target project compounds through supporting and coaching of team. You must be able to effectively utilise available resources to optimise productivity.
- Apply broad technical experience and knowledge and be able to coach to support project work.
- Actively contribute to lead generation and lead project strategy, pushing to generate the key data to progress the projects.
- Target design that addresses project critical stress factors by incorporating broad data inputs. Influences the chemistry and research of other project team members and across projects.
- Identify and exploit new technologies to enhance functional capability.
Chemistry Team Leader requirements
- Degree level qualification (MSc or PhD is desired)
- Industrial experience working in a fast-paced R&D lab environment - ideally gained from the agrochemical, pharmaceutical or chemical industries.
- Strong team-leader with the ability to motivate and direct a team of highly qualified chemists & scientists.
- Experience leading and developing others through coaching and mentoring.
- Advanced technical knowledge and execution
- Strong networking skills and the ability to communicate well with key business partners and collaborators.
- Excellent communication skills.
£Comp + excellent company benefits
Chemistry Team Leader/PhD/Chemistry/R&D/Agrochemicals
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7128
- Posted: 8th November 2021
- Expires: 6th December 2021