Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking Bioscientist Leads based in and around Warwickshire to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme, helping society's return to a more normal way of life.
Gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community and join a supportive environment where training and accreditation (where relevant) will be provided for this role.
What you can expect:
- Perform quality assurance and oversee lab teams conducting the end-to-end lab processes from sample receipt, through RNA extraction to delivery of PCR data
- Problem solve to ensure lab processes are carried out according to lab accreditation standards
- Be responsible for the identification and escalation of risks and issues
- Manage the testing and introduction of new methodologies
- Undertake and process biomedical specimens by handling human biological samples and using a variety of PCR methods
- Work with Shift Supervisors, Quality Managers and Health and Safety Managers to ensure the highest lab standards
- Supervise or train less experienced lab staff in your area of competence
What we're looking for:
- Biomedical Science degree
- Evidence of Continual Professional Development
- Experience training and supervising staff in a laboratory setting
- Extensive experience in using a variety of PCR methods and using end-point PCR methods
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Can work with minimal supervision
You will receive a minimum 18-month contract with opportunity to go permanent and competitive rate of pay and a 10% retention bonus (paid at 9 and 12 months). Please note, successful candidates will be required to spend a minimum 3 weeks in training working flexible day patterns (including some weekends) before transitioning onto your shift.
Working hours and shift times
The role will work on rotating night patterns (including some weekend work) with flexible start times.
If you would like to request any reasonable adjustments around start times, working additional hours, learning about different shifts or future opportunities around securing a permanent position, please speak to the team to learn more about how we can accommodate you.
Please be aware that Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) including a media check is the required level of screening for all staff working at the Leamington Spa Laboratory.
Diversity at NHS Test and Trace
You will be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team that reflects the communities we serve. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and empowering them to contribute fully at work.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.
Please note: Impellam Group is working in partnership with NHS Test and Trace, so you will be employed on a fixed-term employment basis with an Employing Agency (either SRG, Medacs, Lorien or Blue Arrow) within Impellam Group, in line with contractual employment terms and conditions set out by the respective Employing Agency, and not directly employed by NHS Test and Trace.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: RLS1112BLS
- Updated: 19th November 2021
- Expires: 17th December 2021