Role: Clinical Scientist (Genetics)
Salary: Flexibility up to 60,000
CPL Life Sciences is collaborating with a growing and internationally known company involved in the provision of genetic tests providing innovation and high-quality services by using a range of cutting-edge technologies and specialist tests, including PGT, NIPT, carrier screening and NGS.
Our client is currently looking to hire a talented, enthusiastic, diligent, creative and flexible geneticist to assist the scientists' team and support personnel, helping them provide genetic testing services. The successful applicant will be responsible for the analysis and interpretation of results working closely with doctors, embryologists, genetic counsellors and other medical professionals ensuring the delivery of a high-quality service.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participating in the assessments of junior staff.
- Analysing and interpreting results of genetic tests.
- Issuing reports and documents of recorded data.
- Assisting the Quality Manager with the monitoring of the laboratorys KPIs.
- Supervising the technical teams, to ensure good practice according to defined protocols.
- Maintaining and developing the laboratorys quality management system, ensuring compliance according to ISO 15189.
- Managing the logistics team, ensuring efficient distribution of sample collection kits and receipt of samples meeting all deadlines.
- HCPC registration Clinical Scientist
- 1st or 2nd class in Biomedical Science (or equivalent) degree and higher education (PhD).
- Clinical expertise in genetics (interpretation, technical validation of analytical results).
- Experience in:
- H&S systems, policies and legislation
- Next-generation sequencing techniques
- Variant curation
- Laboratory assessment and management.
- Staff recruitment, management and training.
If you are looking for an opportunity to enhance your experience, broaden your career horizons and change the future apply today.
- Agency: Cpl Life Sciences
- Contact: Georgia Mouzouridou
- Reference: JO-2111-479342
Website: Cpl Life Sciences
- Posted: 2nd November 2021
- Expires: 30th November 2021