Shift Analytical Chemist required, based in North Cheshire. HND or degree in Chemistry (or similar) required. Industrial laboratory/analytical experience essential. Driving licence essential.
Shift Analytical Chemist
£27,800 + Shift Allowance (~£8800)
12-month maternity cover contract
SRG is working with a multinational chemicals manufacturer who produce a highly varied range of products. Based in North Cheshire, their central Analytical Team is now looking to hire a Shift Analytical Chemist on a 12-month maternity cover contract. to support with testing of samples from across the site, from multiple departments and customers. This would be an excellent opportunity for a Chemist with good analytical skills and experience to join a company with a fantastic reputation. There is also good potential for contract extension or future permanent opportunities after the initial 12 months.
Benefits: You would be joining a team of 13 in a respected and successful company, with an outstanding reputation. Full training on days and ongoing support provided. Generous salary and shift allowance, 26 days holiday as standard plus 8 statutory days. Annual bonus, private healthcare and excellent pension scheme.
Shift Pattern: 4 on (2 days: 6.30am-6.30pm; 2 nights: 6.30pm-6.30am), 6 days off. 3x 20 day breaks over a 12-month period.
Role / Description
- Collecting liquid and gaseous samples from various locations across site
- Analysing collected samples and samples sent from internal teams or external customers, including organic, inorganic and environmental samples
- Using instrumentation including GC, ICP, MS and Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy to conduct analysis, as well as density, colour and wet chemistry tests.
- Validating and reporting on analytical results, identifying anomalies and taking appropriate action.
- Responding to unscheduled analytical requirements and site emergencies, as necessary
- Basic instrument maintenance and calibration
- Using prescribed analytical procedures and maintaining records to ensure required standards are met
- Conducting environmental measurements for any emergency response situations on or off site
- HND or BSc degree in Chemistry, Analytical Science, Forensic Science or similar
- Good practical analytical skills - hands-on industrial experience of GC (Gas Chromatography) in particular, ICP or MS is preferrable.
- Valid driving licence essential
- Excellent time management skills, able to adapt according to priorities and think clearly under pressure
- A strong team player, able to collaborate and support colleagues as needed
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemist, chemistry, analyst, analytical, laboratory, chemical, forensic science, analysis, analyse, analyst, testing, contract testing, pharmaceutical, environmental, QC, quality control, GC, gas chromatography, MS, Mass Spectroscopy, ICP-OES, ICP-MS, AAS, wet chemistry
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2162524
- Posted: 1st November 2021
- Expires: 29th November 2021