CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Scientist to join a water technology company at their site based in Cheshire on a permanent basis. The role offers a salary of £30-40,000 per annum depending on experience.
The Senior Scientist will be experienced in managing projects from proof of principle through to scale-up and commercialisation, with hands-on laboratory R&D experience through to supervising a small team of scientists. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of their allocated projects, in order to ensure technical delivery against customer driven KPI?s.
Our client is a leading developer of membrane technologies designed to significantly reduce the cost and environmental impact of water treatment
Senior Scientist Role:
Your main duties will be:
- Development of new functional coatings for porous substrates, especially polymer and ceramic membranes.
- Engage with raw material suppliers, building collaborative relationships.
- Evaluation of raw materials through testing and effective communication with suppliers and internal team.
- Refinement of existing coatings by building on desirable properties or development of entirely new coatings.
- Act as the point of contact for a number of projects.
- Develop robust coating / printing processes, which are well understood and repeatable. An understanding of statistical quality control tools is desirable.
- Maintaining compliance with regulatory and safety matters on an application and geographical basis.
- Maintaining laboratory consumables and chemical stock.
- Display excellent communication skills for both internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- BSc / MSc in chemistry, material science or a related subject
- Ph.D. qualified in a relevant field (desirable)
- 3-5 years experience in running research and development programmes
- 2 years experience managing a small team
- Demonstrable working knowledge of formulation, coatings and membrane filtration (desirable)
- Confident and clear communicator at ease delivering results informally to colleagues and formally in presentations
- Proactive in updating supervising staff members.
- Excellent and organised project manager
- Ability to influence internally and externally, to ensure project success
- At ease working in groups, individually or with industrial collaborators
- Quick learner, able to adapt to a rapidly changing, innovative environment
- Ability to think critically and solve problems against time pressures
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety
- A knowledge of membrane separation is highly desirable, although candidates without experience are encouraged to apply.
- It is expected that the successful Senior Scientist will perform tasks outside of their job description as our young company expands and evolves, so it is essential that they are collaborative with a strong desire to achieve success as part of a team.
- Salary of up to £40k, depending on experience
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Relocation package (where applicable)
- Company share option scheme membership
- Company pension scheme
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Senior Scientist position, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457723 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 51359.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Natalie Wood
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 51359
Website: CK Group
- Updated: 10th November 2021
- Expires: 8th December 2021