Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking Data Scientists based in and around Warwickshire to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme, helping society's return to a more normal way of life.
Gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community and join a supportive environment where training and accreditation (where relevant) will be provided for this role.
What you can expect:
- Support laboratory management in respect of assay analysis, day to day operational issue management and maintenance of the end-to-end clinical diagnostics workflow for COVID testing
- Process large data sets accurately and work closely with quality management to uphold ISO 15189 accreditation standards
- Manage the flow of data out of the laboratories, resulting in correct patient sample reporting
- Analyse non-clinical data as part of process optimisation and escalate any quality control issues relating to performance to the quality manager
- Track and manage non-conformities in a consistent way leveraging the quality management tools, issue management process and business issue prioritisation
- Work with the quality team to ensure good change control, release management and documentation to maintain the validated state of the assay reporting system and enhance and improve the lab processes over time
- Manage and drive interactions between the LIMS and assay reporting software and other Core Lab IT vendors to escalate, investigate and resolve support issues and product feature requests
What we're looking for:
- BSc Honours degree in a biological science or systems biology discipline (or equivalent disciplines with relevant experience)
- Proven track record in analysing and interpreting large data sets and statistical analysis
- Understanding and knowledge of qPCR and the use of controls to trouble shoot the process
- Collaborative or direct experience of working within a fast-paced laboratory environment
- Experience with database software and data analysis tools
- Knowledge of laboratory instrument connectivity
Please note that whilst database user experience is required, training for the specific LIMS software and data handling packages to be used will be provided.
You will receive a minimum 18-month contract with opportunity to go permanent and competitive rate of pay and a 10% retention bonus (paid at 9 and 12 months). Please note, successful candidates will be required to spend a minimum 3 weeks in training working flexible day patterns (including some weekends) before transitioning onto your shift.
Working hours and shift times
The role will work on rotating night patterns (including some weekend work) with flexible start times.
If you would like to request any reasonable adjustments around start times, working additional hours, learning about different shifts or future opportunities around securing a permanent position, please speak to the team to learn more about how we can accommodate you.
Please be aware that Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) including a media check is the required level of screening for all staff working at the Leamington Spa Laboratory.
Diversity at NHS Test and Trace
You will be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team that reflects the communities we serve. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and empowering them to contribute fully at work.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.
Please note: Impellam Group is working in partnership with NHS Test and Trace, so you will be employed on a fixed-term employment basis with an Employing Agency (either SRG, Medacs, Lorien or Blue Arrow) within Impellam Group, in line with contractual employment terms and conditions set out by the respective Employing Agency, and not directly employed by NHS Test and Trace.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: RLS2801DS
- Updated: 19th November 2021
- Expires: 17th December 2021