Snr R&D Tax Consultant
Sector: Technology & Scientific R&D grant applications
Our client is looking to recruit a Snr R&D Tax Consultant to work on a contract basis to support their clients’ applications for R&D Tax Credits. This role will suit an experienced Engineer (Chemical/Mechanical/Advanced Manufacturing) or Snr Research Scientist/Manager with a background writing proposals and technical reports. You will have worked in R&D and will ideally have experience of R&D Tax credits although this is not essential.
The role will involve liaising with their industry partners to build relationships and deliver financial returns against R&D expenditure. This will include close liaison with clients to understand their R&D activities and identify opportunities to offset expenditure. You will be responsible for generating justification reports, putting together detailed financial summaries of expenditure and project managing the application process. You will be working closely with a range of internal and external stakeholders and would suit an experience Engineer or Scientist with several years’ experience operating within the Research, Development, Manufacturing or Project Management Departments of SME sized STEM businesses. The successful candidate will have excellent Communication and Customer facing skills along with good Project Management Skills and excellent attention to detail
Specific duties will involve:
- Liaising with the most innovative start-ups and scale ups in the UK, gaining a deep understanding of funding schemes and government funding options.
- Liaising with founders and directors of scientific & tech-start-ups to understand their technology advancements and funding challenges.
- Liaising with clients face-to-face, over the phone and in-person.
- Detailed report writing, generation of details financial spreadsheets and project managing the application process, communicating effectively with all stakeholders throughout the process.
The successful candidate will be a confident, independent self-starter who is looking for position away from hands-on engineering, science or technology. Applicants must have a relevant background in Engineering or science and must have several years recent experience working in a hands-on Engineering discipline with experience of writing funding grants, project applications or similar.
Applicants will be fluent in English with excellent communication skills (written and oral) and will ideally have a UK driving license.
For additional information please contact Richard Taylor
- Agency: Taylorollinson
- Contact: Richard Taylor
- Posted: 14th October 2021
- Expires: 11th November 2021