Scientist - Next Generation Sequencing
£ competitive - depending on skills, experience, and background
Scope of role:
Based in the scientific hub of Oxford, this role sits within the R&D division of a thriving commercial biotech organisation focused on delivering excellence in clinical research and molecular diagnostic tools to the industry. This role will allow you to build on your NGS and molecular skills at the bench, in a highly collaborative and multidisciplinary setting.
* Contributing to the development and progression of NGS portfolio, release of new products and technologies which support the expansion of new product range
* Plan, schedule and deliver experiments including analysis of result data and suggest improvements to experimental design
* Read and review emerging literature and share knowledge with the wider NGS team
* Fully participate in R&D meetings - presenting evidence and data to the team from ongoing and historical experiments
* Identify and remediate equipment problems
* Collaborate with other divisions, and oversee technical transfer, storage of SOPs and quality documentation and design of experiment logs
* You'll hold a minimum of BSc (or equivalent) in a Life Science discipline with evidence of working with NGS technology and design of molecular assays
* Be able to clearly demonstrate your approach to targeted NGS workflows and operation of sequencing technologies
* Excellent analytical skills and able to present findings in a concise and convincing manner
* Tenacious and able to stay focused on demanding and complex datasets in the pursuit of obtaining good data with which to work
* Strong collaborative approach, excellent communicator and high attention to detail
Does the above describe your next career move in the NGS field?
Are you living in the Oxford area or able to relocate to within commutable distance?
Do you thrive in an agile and team-centric workspace?
Apply now with your CV in Word or contact Bec Johnston for more information: email@example.com / 01223 607858.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2162308
- Posted: 14th October 2021
- Expires: 21st October 2021