This is a great opportunity for an experienced senior R& D Scientist to work within an R & D group. The Job-holder will be working in the area of formulation and new product development
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience in formulating and testing of coatings and adhesives products.
- Knowledge of the polymers and additives used in coatings and adhesive formulations.
- BSc in Chemistry, Materials, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
The candidate will be responsible for product development (resins, coating, adhesives) and technical support as well as plant support issues
- To be involved in short and long-term projects to develop coatings and adhesives products
- Evaluate experimental polymers against controls using industry test protocols and provide results and recommendations to development team.
- To be involved in continuous improvement of formulation capability.
- To provide technical support.
- To provide evaluations of products and formulations and being an expert in products and use of their applications.
- Produce technical literature for new products developed to demonstrate the value it brings to customers
- Research competitors’ products and provide information.
- Maintain records of experiments, results and conclusions
- Provide regular progress updates by issuing of written and verbal reports.
The successful candidate will be expected to be capable of handling multiple projects and should be a self-starter and highly-motivated.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Contact: Sam
- Phone: 01737 241823
- Reference: RM012
Website: ST Recruitment
- Updated: 3rd January 2022
- Expires: 24th January 2022