A market leading chemical manufacturing business based in Harrow is currently recruiting for a Compliance Specialist to join its established team in Harrow, on a permanent basis. As Compliant Specialist, you will provide regulatory support within the technical department to ensure current/new products meet legislative obligations in global markets.
Compliance Specialist responsibilities
- To ensure that the company's products are registered under REACH or similar schemes in those markets where the company operates.
- To work as part of a team to ensure that the company's products are classified and labelled correctly for all markets in which the company operates.
- To ensure that Poison Centre or similar products notifications are completed and maintained in those markets where the company operates.
- Support SDS compliance using software to generate and update files to meet all regional requirements.
- To monitor regulatory trends and developments using a variety of resources and to advise management appropriately.
- To lead or assist with investigation and resolution of any potential non-compliance.
- Ensure marketing material contains correct H&S information and other regional requirements.
- Support Sales to resolve customer or tender specific questions or requirements.
- To support on Chemical related Health & Safety obligations within the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Compliance Specialist requirements
- University degree or equivalent (ideally in chemistry or toxicology)
- Experience working in a role related to chemical regulatory compliance - REACH, CLP.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to acquire, absorb and process regulatory and legal information.
- Experience of SDS software such as Almego
- Knowledge and experience of regional REACH requirements (EU, UK, Turkey, Eurasia etc)
- Knowledge and experience of GHS labelling regimes such as CLP.
- Knowledge of other regulatory regimes for chemicals globally
- Knowledge of products and chemicals related to this or similar industries
- Competence with Microsoft Office Products.
£55k + excellent company benefits
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7103
- Posted: 14th October 2021
- Expires: 11th November 2021