Due to expansion, a cosmetics manufacturer requires a Lab Technician to join its team. This role will support a busy laboratory including performing wet chemistry, formulation work and lab admin. This opportunity would suit a chemistry based graduate looking to secure commercial lab experience or an experienced lab technician looking to challenge themselves in a new environment.
Key Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Conducting feasibility studies/technical investigations into potential formulations
- Sourcing raw materials from suppliers
- Managing raw material database and lab supply
- Supporting Development Chemist in formulating innovative, naturally based products for both in house brands and private customers
- Supporting Development Chemist in conducting stability, compatibility & challenge testing of approved formulations.
- Supporting Development Chemist to generate CPSR and PIF documentation.
- Liaising between project manager and safety assessors on regulatory/claims issues.
- Creation and optimisation of manufacturing instructions
- Supporting Development Chemist to manage the transfer from lab to manufacturing and advise on risk in scale up
- BSc in Chemistry or related subject or equivalent experience.
- Able to communicate well with management, colleagues and clients
- Confident and self-driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to multitask
- Work in a fast paced environment with precision and accuracy
- Experience working with cosmetic / personal care products
- Experience in process manufacturing
- Ideally worked on Skin care & Hair care formulations
- Knowledge of EU Cosmetics Directive
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7100
- Posted: 13th October 2021
- Expires: 10th November 2021