CK Group are currently recruiting for a Virology expert at Principal Scientist level, with significant virology expertise, to build out the virology capabilities at our clients new research facility (completion Summer 2022) within the biotechnology sector. This role is offered on a permanent basis and based near Macclesfield and Knutsford (Cheshire).
Supports UK SMEs to drive the development and of new approaches for the discovery of new medicines. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to play a key role in establishing and advancing a newly built Infectious Disease research facility, due for completion summer 2022. This facility will be staffed by scientists experienced in anti-bacterial, anti-viral and vaccine discovery who will work with UK innovators to accelerate their infectious diseases drug and vaccine discovery and be part of the UK?s pandemic readiness infrastructure.
Playing a key role in developing a facility that supports and advances the science of virology medicines and diagnostics discovery. Broad knowledge and expertise in virus/host cell interactions, in vitro cell models and molecular virology/reverse genetics systems (eg SARS-CoV-2 and influenza) would be advantageous.
Responsibilities will include to:
- Supervise other scientists, providing scientific and technical expertise, training and guidance.
- Assist the Head of Biology in developing a strategy for successful impact on virology innovation programmes in academic and industry across UK.
- Provide leadership to cross functional project teams, responsible for developing and implementing scientific strategy, and communicating with project stakeholders.
- PhD (or have similar experience) in a relevant discipline, and substantial translational research experience.
- Significant virology laboratory experience, ideally with RNA viruses.
- Experience in anti-viral drug, vaccine or diagnostic discovery, ideally gained in a biopharma setting.
- Technical expertise in multiple virology techniques (plaque assay, TCID50, resistance generation and testing), in vitro cell models (complex human cell models, high throughput cell screens, replicons and reporter assays), molecular virology (pseudovirus generation, reverse genetics, qPCR, sequencing), immunoassay, live cell and confocal imaging techniques.
- Experience working with in vivo viral challenge models.
- Experience working in BSL3 laboratories
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference 51907.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Naynesh Mistry
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 51907
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 13th October 2021
- Expires: 10th November 2021