CK Group are currently recruiting for a bacteriology expert at Principal Scientist level, with significant bacteriology expertise, to build out anti-microbial drug discovery capabilities at our clients new research facility (completion Summer 2022) within the biotechnology sector. This role is offered on a permanent basis and based near Macclesfield and Knutsford (Cheshire).
Supports UK SMEs to drive the development and of new approaches for the discovery of new medicines. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to play a key role in establishing and advancing a newly built Infectious Disease research facility due for completion summer 2022. This facility will be staffed by scientists experienced in anti-bacterial, anti-viral and vaccine discovery, who will work with UK innovators to accelerate their infectious diseases drug and vaccine discovery and be part of the UK?s pandemic readiness infrastructure.
Playing a key role in developing a facility that supports and advances the science of anti-bacterial medicines and diagnostics discovery. Broad knowledge and technical expertise in translatable cell models is essential and knowledge of TB or multidrug-resistance Gram-negative bacteria would be advantageous.
Responsibilities will include to:
- Supervise other scientists, providing scientific and technical expertise, training and guidance.
- Assist the Head of Infection Biology in developing a strategy for successful impact on anti-bacterial innovation programmes in academic and industry across UK.
- Provide leadership to cross functional project teams, responsible for developing and implementing scientific strategy, and communicating with project stakeholders.
- PhD (or have similar experience) in a relevant discipline, and substantial translational research experience.
- Significant bacteriology laboratory experience.
- Experience in microbial drug, vaccine or diagnostic discovery, ideally gained in a biopharma setting with knowledge of hit to lead and lead optimisation.
- Technical expertise in bacteriology techniques; basic susceptibility testing (MICs etc); translatable models such as cell interaction models, biofilms, intra-cellular killing assays; In vitro PK/PD models (hollow fibre models); molecular biology (cloning, qPCR, sequencing), immunoassay, live cell and confocal imaging techniques.
- Experience working with in vivo bacterial challenge models.
- Experience working in BSL3 laboratories
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference 51903.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Naynesh Mistry
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 51903
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 13th October 2021
- Expires: 10th November 2021